Timeless Teachings in a Changing World
The Dr. Jeanne L. Noble Delta G.E.M.S. (Growing and Empowering Myself Successfully) provides a continuum of services that addresses the needs of young African-American women in grades 9 through 12 with a framework to discover and understand their individual brilliance. Honoring Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated’s 12th National President, Dr. Jeanne L. Noble, the goals for participants in the Delta G.E.M.S. Institute are to:
- Instill the desire to excel academically;
- Provide tools that enable girls to sharpen and enhance their skills to achieve high levels of academic success;
- Assist girls in proper goal setting and planning for their future high school and beyond; and
- Create compassionate, caring, and community minded young women.
The goals for the Delta G.E.M.S. Institute are best categorized by its acronym Growing and Empowering Myself Successfully.
Growing Myself Successfully
- To instill the need to excel academically
- To create compassionate, caring , and community minded young women and actively involve them in service learning and community service opportunities
Empowering Myself Successfully
- To provide tools that enable girls to sharpen and enhance their skills to achieve high levels of academic success
- To assist girls in proper goal setting and planning for their futures high school and beyond
The Delta G.E.M.S. Institute is designed young women who are:
- ages 14 – 18 and/or
- in Grades 9 through 12.
- who have potential but need guidance, support and skills to achieve success.
- interested in developing leadership skills.
- actively pursuing admission to college and/or exploring career options.
- need encouragement and support in pursuit of higher learning.
- identified by authorized partners of The Federal City Alumnae Chapter and/or former Delta Academy participants.
To request more information contact:
TheFCAC Delta GEMS Institute
Post Office Box 1605
Washington, DC 20013